Intermediates Have Vital Clash Against Lake County
by Co. Chairman on the 2nd of July 2018
Kilkenny will travel to Kinnegad on Saturday evening to take on Westmeath in the Liberty Insurance Intermediate Championship. The sides have a bit of history in recent years. Last year the Lake Women came out on top in a hot topical Leinster Semi Final. This year the sides also met in the Leinster Championship in the Quarter Final this time round. Having been just knocked out of the League by Cork Kilkenny were looking to bounce back to winning ways but just like last year Westmeath came out on top by 4 points, 1-16 to Kilkennys 3-6.
Since the Westmeath game the Kilkenny girls have regrouped and with the addition of players from the All Ireland winning team two years ago there seems to be good balance within the team. Before Saturdays game Kilkenny sit proudly on top of the Championship table with Galway and Westmeath right behind them. The premier county defeated Westmeath in the last round and will want to bounce back quickly if they are to try and progress out of the group. Kilkenny in contrast had a huge 22 point victory over Kildare which means that the team has a hefty score difference before the weekends game. A victory in Kinnegad on Saturday would certainly put the girls on their way to an All Ireland Semi Final spot.
Throw in will be at 5pm in Kinnegad GAA grounds in Westmeath. All support would be greatly appreciated but if you cant we will have live tweets from the game.
- Liberty Insurance Championships
- MINOR B SQUAD V DUBLIN SUNDAY 15th in Clara @ 11.30am
- Kilkenny have Leinster place in their sights
- Kilkenny Struggle Against 14 player Déise
- Kilkenny V's Waterford Round 3 Senior All Ireland Championship in Walsh Park @ 5pm, Kilkenny V's Kildare Round 2 Intermediate All Ireland Championship in Hawkfield Kildare GAA Centre of Excellence, Newbridge 300618